Is anyone else wondering how summer got here so quickly? At Dare 2 Share, we’re zoned in on the final details for our jam-packed summer of Lead THE Cause (LTC) events. We can’t wait to see the hundreds of you who will join us across the U.S. this summer, starting with Chicago in less than a month!
To make your trek to LTC as fun and chaos-free as possible, check out these youth group traveling tips and the Lead THE Cause packing list featured in our 2018 Planning Guide:
- Make sure everyone goes to the bathroom before the trip!
- Create a sweet playlist to jam out to in your vehicle.
- Think of games you can play with your group in the car. If you’re having trouble thinking of ideas, check out www.icebreakers.ws to find games like “2 Truths and a Lie,” “Would You Rather,” “I Spy,” and “Team Storytelling.”
- Have a few intentional questions to ask your group that will prepare their hearts and minds for LTC (save these for when you get closer to the venue). An example of a question would be, “What do you hope God shows you this week?” Then on the trip home, start conversations around things that happened during the week.
- Bring your phone or a camera to capture fun(ny) moments during your trip. Who knows, your students’ antics might be the making of the next viral video!
- Bring snacks and tell your kids to bring snacks… what’s a road trip without snacks?
- Bring a trash bag. Cleanups after road trips are the worst and a trash bag can help immensely!
- If you can, make time to stop at the “World’s Largest” anything or other fun places along the way to make the trip more memorable.
- Bring a case of water bottles or a jug of water that students can use to fill up their own water bottles.
- Tell stories to build memories and relationships. Topical ideas may get students talking (if your group doesn’t know each other well). Topic ideas could be: “The craziest thing I have ever done”, “My first memory”, “3 things you hope will happen in the future”, and “Why you decided to come on this trip?” Note: it may help if you are the first one to answer the question.
- Try to take fun pictures of your road trip to look back on and use #LTCAmplify when you post them on social media! And P.S…. If you use the hashtag #LTCAmplify and tag Dare 2 Share in your photos, you’ll be entered to win a TBD prize at the event!
- Cell phone
- Rain gear/poncho (check your city’s weather for the week)
- Footwear and socks (comfortable for walking)
- PJs and underwear
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Soap and shampoo
- Personal toiletries (contact solution, deodorant, lip balm, etc.)
- Plastic bag for laundry
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Water bottle
- Any prescription medications
- Copy of personal medical insurance card
- Spending money
- Box fan for the room (if you’re driving)
THINGS TO NOTE:
- For those attending the Austin event, attendees will need to bring their own bedding and towels.
- Clothing should always be appropriately modest.
Have more questions about how to prepare for Lead THE Cause? Find more great tips in the 2018 Lead THE Cause Planning Guide or call us at 1-866-448-0272 with specific questions. We’ll see you there!