One of the best ways your students can raise support is sending out support letters. We recommend that each participant send out at least 20 letters (20 letters x $25 = $500). Below is a sample fundraising letter for you to use for your group. You can personalize it for your needs by adding cost (you can include transportation costs to your trip if needed), names, pictures, prayer requests, and where and when to send the money. Checks should be made payable to your church. Also, consider the possibility of using a digital fundraising platform as an option.
This summer I have the opportunity to travel to _________________ with my youth group to attend Lead THE Cause, a week-long evangelism and discipleship training event from Dare 2 Share. The week will be aggressive and the schedule exhausting, but the rewards are truly great. I will experience:
- Quality time with my youth group
- Leadership training
- Opportunities to share my faith
- Telling my story
- Outreach events
- Worshiping God
- One-on-one time with God
- Time writing letters to lost friends
The Lead THE Cause experience will help me own the truth I believe, understand why I believe it, and build the confidence I need to live it out through experience, practice, and teamwork.
As I prepare for this trip I would ask you to help in two ways:
- Please pray for me as I prepare for this trip—pray for our traveling safety, for our training experience, and for divine appointments.
- The total cost of the trip is $____ , and any help you can provide financially to get me to LTC would be an incredible blessing. If you feel led to give financial support, your gift will be tax deductible and you can make checks out to (insert your church name).
Thank you for (insert personal touch about their importance in your life) and for supporting me in this effort.
Together for THE Cause,