There’s a lot to do before your trip to Lead THE Cause this summer, but one of the most important pieces is making sure your group is up to speed with the pre-event training required.
Schedule time to go through the “Before-Then-After” and “Take Off to Touch Down” trainings with your group 2-3 months before the event and use it as a team-building exercise.
- Show your group the inspiring “4 Minute Crash Course in Sharing Your Faith” training video with Greg Stier.
- Also watch the “Life in 6 Words: The GOSPEL” video and discuss it.
- Show your group the testimony training “Before-Then-After”
Testimony Preparation – “Before-Then-After”
- While showing the video, pass out the fill-in-the-blanks handout located on the next 4 pages of this document.
- Work with your students and offer guidance on the process of writing and memorizing their story. Each student and leader attending Lead THE Cause should have his or her testimony written and memorized before the event.
- Connect with your Regional Team and offer any questions or prayer needs as your group prepares for this trip. They are in place to serve and pray for you.
1.a. raunchy, religious, i. raunchy, ii. religious, b. i. common, ii. scared, isolated, confused (Greg’s answers as examples), 2.a. dramatic, routine, i. dramatic, ii. routine, 3.a. i. thirst, ii. purpose, 4.a. ready, b. pain, c. envy, iv.conclusion, d. gospel
Take Off to Touchdown
- Show your group the inspiring “Take Off to Touchdown” training video with Greg Stier.
- Pass out the fill-in-the-blanks handout to go along with the video located below.
- After the video, have your students practice having gospel conversations using “Ask. Admire. Admit”. You can do this in front of the group or by breaking off into smaller groups with youth leaders in each group.
- Work with your students and offer guidance in coming up with great “Asking” questions, ideas on what to “Admire” about the other person’s answers to the question, and how to transition into “Admitting” that the reason they believe is because Jesus rescued them.
- Connect with your Regional Team with any questions or prayer needs as your group prepares for this trip. They are in place to serve and pray for you.
1.a. questions, bucket, i. wisdom, wisdom, b. Admire, i. kingdom of God, ii. great faith, c. Christian, Jesus, 2. salvation, 3. landing, ii. 1. Faith